Speaker: Matteo Bianciotto, Senior Policy Manager, International Hydropower Association and ESCP’s MSc in Energy Management alumnus (Class of 2015)
In 2021, electricity demand returned to pre-pandemic levels across Europe. The region is steadily transitioning towards a cleaner energy mix, with hydropower to play an essential role, returning to the energy and climate agenda of those European countries that are deeply committed about meeting their net-zero goals.
The webinar will discuss:
- An overview of ancillary services markets and the main EU guidelines
- The future role of hydropower in the European electricity mix
- Can hydropower provide stability services to the power grid?
- When and how can we make hydropower plants more flexible?
- A review of XFLEX HYDRO, a €18 million EU-funded project aimed at improving HPPs’ efficiency and flexibility – what makes this project exceptional?
- Can the project provide the massive integration needed for renewable energy sources (RES) in power generation in Europe and across the globe?
The webinar will take place on Zoom at 6pm GMT on Thursday, 24th November.